In 2002, the George Sydney and Phyllis Redman Miller Trust designated Winn Feline Foundation as one of its advisor organizations. Winn has subsequently been provided an unprecedented opportunity to make annual recommendations for grant awards to the San Francisco Foundation, trustees of the Miller Trust. The total grant funding varies each year.
Last year Winn funded five grants totaling $132, 104 for studies in cats on investigating metagenomic and metabolomic analysis of antibiotic therapy on the intestinal microbiota in growing kittens, evaluating the efficacy ofnovel gastroprotectants, estimating the significance of a novel feline hepadnavirus in hepatitis and liver cancer, precision medicine genomics, and the effects of brachycephalic conformation on cardiopulmonary health.
Please Take Note:
Based on the requirements of the George and Phyllis Miller Trust,
proposals will be accepted only from principal investigators at the following institutions. Partnerships with listed institutions are permitted.
- University of California, Davis
- Colorado State University
- Cornell University
- University of Illinois
- Iowa State University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- The Ohio State University
- University of Tennessee
- Texas A&M University
- Virginia/Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
The deadline for receipt of applicationsis Friday, August 30, 2019 and awards will be announced by December 2019.
- The maximum grant amount is $35,000.
- Projects should have discrete and achievable goals within the $35,000 limit.
- Continuation of Miller Trust and Winn grants awarded in 2018 and 2019 will be considered.
- Only proposals that can be completed within 1-2 years will be considered.
- Studies applicable to all cats are encouraged. Winn Feline Foundation is also interested in projects that address issues in individual cat breeds, nutrition and behavior.
- Applicants may be faculty veterinarians, post-doctoral fellows, practicing veterinarians or veterinary students.
For additional information on Winn Grant Programs and our research funding visit our website
. Proposals must come with a grant proposalcover sheet