Winn Feline Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy. When you make a donation, we ask for personally identifiable information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information in order to process your donation. For certain types of donations, we may also ask for information about persons you would like to honor or pets you would like to memorialize. We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information through various safeguards. For financial transactions, your information goes through a server using secure socket layer (SSL) software to encrypt all information you submit. We will not sell or disclose any information that identifies you to a third party, except as noted below. Winn Feline Foundation does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
When we disclose information. Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Any information, including personally identifiable information, that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- For those of you who voluntarily submit research proposals to Winn or participate in studies or research programs offered or sponsored by Winn, we may share or disclose your information for the purposes of evaluating research proposals or conducting studies or research programs.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than performing their functions.
- We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- We also may disclose your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
For more information, please contact us.
The Winn Feline Foundation is exempt from Federal Income Tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to the Foundation may be deductible for Federal income, gift and estate tax purposes. Winn participates in the Combined Federal Campaign (#2602) and corporate matching gift programs. A copy of the Foundation's IRS 990 form is available by contacting our Executive Director.